The IGGH Family Council is an advocacy and support organization, composed of and for family and friends of IGGH residents. The mission of the IGGH Family Council is to improve the quality of life and of care for all residents by promoting an atmosphere of sensitivity, caring, and support among staff, friends, and family members of the residents of Ina Grafton Gage Home.
The goals of the IGGH Family Council are to:
- Inform and educate families
- Share ideas for the purpose of problem-solving
- Maintain two-way communication between families, residents, and the Home
- Advocate on behalf of all residents and families
- Provide mutual support for family and family of residents, including those that are new to the facility
The current IGGH Family Council Officers are:
- Lynne Hodgson, Chair, Secretary/Treasurer
- Brian Philcox, Vice Chair
- David Dicks, Special Advisor
- Elena D’Alimonte, Special Advisor
The Ina Grafton Gage Home Family Council meets every second Thursday, except for July and August. All residents’ family and friends are welcome. Ongoing communication between the Family Council Executive and IGGH management is conveyed to Family Council members by email. Our monthly meetings are currently on Zoom; however, we hope to also include meetings in the Auditorium at Ina Grafton Gage Home in the future.
We share with you a video from Family Council Ontario during Family Council Week, June 7-11, 2021 – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9f6fVP19lV4
Please write to us if you would like to learn more about IGGH Family Council at email@example.com.